Monday, July 17, 2006

Grownup

My son has recently become concerned with the definition of a grownup. He does no associate it with a particular age; instead, he associates it with certain items. I am not sure how he got these ideas because we have never associated these items with growing up.

My son is fond of music, so we try to let him listen to as much music as possible. The best tool for such an adventure was my iPod which he leaned to use on his own. Few weeks ago, he came to me and said “dad, when I grow up you should get me an iPod and make sure it is a black one.” My iPod is white!

The second item on his list of becoming a grownup is the car, and that was a bit surprising because he is more into trains than cars. So two weeks ago and as he was mounting his car seat, he called on me and had this serious look on his face and said “dad, I want a car.” I responded reminding him that he had lots of car but he did not like that “dad, I mean a car like yours. When I grow up, you should get me a car and an iPod, a black one.”

Yesterday noon, he discovered his third grownup item, the grill. As I prepared food for our guests, he sat out there on the patio under the hot son watching every move I made. Once I finished he said “dad, when I grow up you should get me a grill, a car, and an iPod, and make sure it is black.”

My son is curretly four years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home